Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Joe Mazotte

This is usually the dish I make each and every Valentine's Day for my valentine, Troy. I only make it once a year. Not because its so special, but because, quite frankly, I HATE it!

Its a recipe from my mother-in-law, and of course, Troy just loves it...blah! :-S

I thought I would include it today as a post, I mean, someone might like it and it does have hamburger in it. ;-)

Joe Mazotti

1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
8 onions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
1 head celery, chopped
3 cans tomato soup
2 cans mushrooms
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 lb Cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz egg noodles, cooked

Melt margarine in a large pan. Cook hamburger until no longer pink. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Add soup (undiluted) and spices. Simmer for one hour. Add cheese and allow to melt.

Now my MIL mixes the noodles directly into the sauce, however, I like to serve the sauce over the noodles in individual bowls. Its up to you!

Thankfully, I'm not making this tonight for supper. We're having my mother's spaghetti sauce with noodles. Yummy and whew all at the same time! ;-) We're also having a yummy chocolate chip cake with pink icing and red and chocolate sprinkles that Emma helped me make - yummy again!

Happy LOVE Day!

No comments: